TV series with middle-age main character

wlsah01

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I would like to know TV series with middle-age main characters.

I saw and enjoyed: The Wire, Sopranos, OZ, Breaking Bad, Dexter..

I saw and did not enjoy: The Shield, Banshee, Better call Saul, Narcos, Sons of anarchy, True detective, 24, Boardwalk empire, Deadwood ... and so on

I only want TV series with main character in the age of at least late 30s ~ 40s
Also, only want the timeline be present or the future (Don't wanna see TV series happening in ancient ~ western ~ 1980s)

Any good recommandations?

Have you seen After Life with Ricky Gervais? Excellent dry comedy.

Try Bosch and Goliath if you’ve got Amazon prime they’ve both got a few seasons
I thought they’ve were excellent and get good reviews in general

Try Bosch and Goliath if you’ve got Amazon prime they’ve both got a few seasons
I thought they’ve were excellent and get good reviews in general
thx for the recommendation! i'll try this

What about Wallander? The original character was well known for it's portrayal of an older guy

+1 for Bosch from me

Hi everyone, I would like to know TV series with middle-age main characters.

I saw and enjoyed: The Wire, Sopranos, OZ, Breaking Bad, Dexter..

I saw and did not enjoy: The Shield, Banshee, Better call Saul, Narcos, Sons of anarchy, True detective, 24, Boardwalk empire, Deadwood ... and so on

I only want TV series with main character in the age of at least late 30s ~ 40s
Also, only want the timeline be present or the future (Don't wanna see TV series happening in ancient ~ western ~ 1980s)

Any good recommandations?
So what have you got against older or younger actors/actresses then? If you limit your viewing to the age range that you quoted then you really are missing out on an awful lot of good stuff.

I can identify with the Op to some extent. I find that Hollywood casting tends to be based on looks rather than talent. Utterly bored of the generic casting in a lot of mainstream Hollywood and Network TV.

So what have you got against older or younger actors/actresses then? If you limit your viewing to the age range that you quoted then you really are missing out on an awful lot of good stuff.
well, i guess it all started when i was a teen. I saw this animation where a skinny young boy was a born strong fighter who beats up a muscular older guy who trains by killing a bull a day with bare hands. Ever since I never liked young characters who's never done the hardest work being the chosen ones. Also, I like mid-age down to earth characters who is not perfect but interesting with full of mid-age jokes and sarcasm like Tony Sopranos or Dr. House or Homer Simpson, as many people do. I am watching Bosch right now and i like this!

Line of Duty pretty much all the "higher-ups" are middle aged, Adran Dunbar is a superintendent and one of the main characters.

Line of Duty pretty much all the "higher-ups" are middle aged, Adran Dunbar is a superintendent and one of the main characters.
Thank you for the recommendation!. I'll try after i watch the other ones. Seems like many of them are about detective stories.

Looking at what you enjoyed, I think you should give Ozark a go. Great series :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom