TV series that you gave up on?

nonameguy

Established Member
Reaction score
For me it was a show called Narcos, the first few episodes were in Spanish and reading the subtitles didnt really appeal to me, i spent more time reading than getting into it. A lot of people say its really good.

True Blood, along with everything else going on, they then introduce fairies and I was like, nope..

Game of thrones.
Stopped after season 7.

Sons of Anarchy, just too samey.
Breaking Bad, managed a few seasons and just got bored.

Not a big fan of gangster stuff that just drags on.

The new Sabrina reboot didn't stick for me.

Hawaii 5 0, when they got rid of half the cast it killed the series.

Stuff like GoT, Dexter, Walking Dead, FTWD, Lost, Westworld, BSG, I can tolerate some bad patches to win my completion medal 😁

The Wire were watched first 2 seasons and my wife was like nah.
The Office (American) watched first 8 episodes and my wife was like this isn't funny.
The Walking Dead into season 2 and my wife was like yuck zombies.

I would have continued them on probably.

Gave up on Arrow and the Flash. Characters couldn't quite stay dead... Celebrated when Arrow got discontinued.

It is interesting though how good Series barely finish Season One before getting discontinued...
Then some Meh series can run up to Season 1,000...!

The Wire were watched first 2 seasons and my wife was like nah.
The Office (American) watched first 8 episodes and my wife was like this isn't funny.
The Walking Dead into season 2 and my wife was like yuck zombies.

I would have continued them on probably.
Oh yes the office, its highly rated and it gets better at season 2 apparently, for me after 1 episode i couldn't go on. I also hate shows when the characters look directly at the camera and talks to the viewers.

The American office is a classic, the first season tries to follow the UK show too much, but once it starts doing it's own thing, it's becomes a great show..

The Wire also worth watching, not sure if it's aged though.

Walking dead had just run it's course, choose a season to jump ship really, probably worth watching at least the first five..

Oh yes the office, its highly rated and it gets better at season 2 apparently, for me after 1 episode i couldn't go on. I also hate shows when the characters look directly at the camera and talks to the viewers.
Never quite got The Office, don't really like embarrassment comedy too much.

Walking dead had just run it's course, choose a season to jump ship really, probably worth watching at least the first five..
No, you should watch until season 7 episode 1 at the very least. As insultingly bad as The Walking Dead can be; the season 6 finale and episode 7/1 is fantastic TV. In the later seasons, I think plot and writing duties were handed over to a bunch of six-year old kids.

Lost
Orange Is The New Black

Two programs that were getting raved about and I just didn't get the big deal about.
Oh, and Eastenders, some time in the early 2000s. It had it's ropey spells in the 80s and 90s but always bounced back. Best thing for it now would be to put it quickly out of it's misery. Get to see the odd episode now and then, if I'm visiting an aunt. Last time I saw it there was Danny Dyer announcing to the Queen Vic that he's just had a poo but in amusing cockney rhyming slang. Just no.

Lost ...... gave up on when Sky One was taken off Virgin cable over a money dispute. It returned some time later and the show was repeated but I never bothered picking up ..... I think the main people had just escaped from a camp where they were being kept in bamboo cages ........ they escaped on a boat

Supergirl ......... enjoyed it to begin with but got fed up with t after about 3 series

Coronation Street and Eastenders I stopped watching at the same time, around the early 1990s ........ maybe lasted a bit longer on Corrie because it's ethnic programming for me

Quite a few

The Flash
Supergirl
The Walking Dead
The Wire
See
Blue Bloods
Lethal Weapon
Six Feet Under

Game of thrones.
Stopped after season 7.
I gave up after three episodes, just don't get the hype

The OH loves it and binge watched the lot while we had to be apart during the first lockdown

Game of thrones.
Stopped after season 7.

Same. Never got around to the last season, and with so much negative vibes about it, i’m not sure i ever will. Shame.

Breaking Bad. 3 episodes and gave up.
Designated Survivor. Prob 3/4 of a season.
Walking Dead. Several seasons then gave up.
Fear the walking dead. Maybe a season or so in.
Westworld. Did a season then just couldn’t be bothered.

So many series seem to drag on a tad too long and fade away.

Kind of liking these 1 season 6-10 eps shows now.

Lost
Orange Is The New Black

Two programs that were getting raved about and I just didn't get the big deal about.
Oh, and Eastenders, some time in the early 2000s. It had it's ropey spells in the 80s and 90s but always bounced back. Best thing for it now would be to put it quickly out of it's misery. Get to see the odd episode now and then, if I'm visiting an aunt. Last time I saw it there was Danny Dyer announcing to the Queen Vic that he's just had a poo but in amusing cockney rhyming slang. Just no.
I haven't watched EastEnders in twenty years, but I do remember finding their attempts at humour cringeworthy and I love a good laugh

Took me a few attempts to get into Breaking Bad. Watched the first episode and didn’t go back to it for months.

Then made it to the end of the first season and again left it months, decided to give it one last go and was hooked.

Same. Never got around to the last season, and with so much negative vibes about it, i’m not sure i ever will. Shame.

Breaking Bad. 3 episodes and gave up.
Designated Survivor. Prob 3/4 of a season.
Walking Dead. Several seasons then gave up.
Fear the walking dead. Maybe a season or so in.
Westworld. Did a season then just couldn’t be bothered.

So many series seem to drag on a tad too long and fade away.

Kind of liking these 1 season 6-10 eps shows now.
Less number of episodes in a season, usually means better quality.

The Walking Dead had a great Season 1 with only 6 episodes.

Sort of given up with Better Call Saul.

Watched the first season and thought it was pretty boring.

Eventually watched the second season and it was a bit better.

People keep saying it’s as good as or better than Breaking Bad, but I’ve got to the stage now I’m not sure exactly how far I got with it, if I’ve watched season 3 or not.

So now I think I probably need to start from the beginning again, but it’s finding the time.

Yeah, The Walking Dead started well, but I just found I was watching it more from habit than because I was enjoying it.

Can’t remember where I stopped, think it was after the first Neagen season.

Yeah, The Walking Dead started well, but I just found I was watching it more from habit than because I was enjoying it.

Can’t remember where I stopped, think it was after the first Neagen season.
Season 7 episode 1 for me.

I usually Fast Forwarded through a lot of the episodes though in previous seasons.

Sort of given up with Better Call Saul.

Watched the first season and thought it was pretty boring.

Eventually watched the second season and it was a bit better.

People keep saying it’s as good as or better than Breaking Bad, but I’ve got to the stage now I’m not sure exactly how far I got with it, if I’ve watched season 3 or not.

So now I think I probably need to start from the beginning again, but it’s finding the time.

I liked Better Call Saul though it never blew me away the way Breaking Bad frequently did.. until season 5. That was a fantastic season.

Lost
The Walking dead
All the crap sci-fi stuff that Netflix keep throwing out
and then the kiddie stuff like Mandolorian and Wandavision
oh and that Peaky Blinders what a heap of sh** that was.

The Walking Dead
Got bored of it around the time of the introduction of that main head smashing enemy guy who is still around many years later. zzzz

Designated Survivor
Enjoyed the first two seasons, although season 2 ended with one of the most nonsensical reveals in TV history, couldn't face watching the last season.

Orange is the New Black
I enjoyed this to start with just but stopped watching, not sure why, I just wasn't enjoying it as much and have not felt the urge to go back to it.

Hawaii 5-0
I enjoyed this for a few seasons, but they kept changing some of the cast and the believability that someone who is in dire need of many hot dinners can beat a perp up started to annoy me.

True Blood
Kept with it for 3 seasons or so then it got stupid, so gave up.

If Lost was on today with all the other shows available, that would definitely have been on this list, but I stuck it out to the end.

and then the kiddie stuff like Mandolorian and Wandavision

Erm what?

The Walking Dead. I had been with it since it first aired in the US, but got half way through S8 and just stopped with no desire to go back. I left the series link going and thought about carrying on where I left off during the first lockdown in 2020, but the box developed an unrecoverable fault and had to be replaced, so I lost all the recordings and that was that.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom