TV sci-fi, fantasy and horror shows 1990 to the present day

Dan Dare, pilot of the future...new animated version.

Made in 1988 but probably nor shown here toll the 90's War of the Worlds

Welcome To Paradox

The Prisoner

As some are nameing programs in the realms of Cartoons most super heros emply futuristic science so

Spider-man
Fantastic Four
Iron Man
The Avengers
Hulk

Justice League/Unlimited

Batman Beyond

Last edited:
Seeing as Andromeda has been mentioned.....what about "The Andromeda Strain".

The film was infinitely better.

Rasczak said:
I did - although it didn't make it on the master list. :confused:

The Doctor has been on The Masters list a few times! Lol!

Thanks guys this is turning into quite a list! Can I ask that people clearly identify animated/CGI just so I Know What is what.

I did - although it didn't make it on the master list. :confused:

Doctor who was already on the master list Rasczak.:) I've given credit for the person who posted a particular series first. There were a few others that had been mentioned which were already on the list besides doctor who.:)

Last edited:
The list has now been updated.

I've had placed CGI/animated series in italics. Please let me know if I have made a mistake and missed a show which is not already in italics that should be.

I did actually include Doctor Who, I distinctly remember putting it down. Obviously I must have Deleted it in editing by mistake. I'll give credit for the first person who noticed it was missing from the list.:)

:rolleyes: This threads made me realise how much time I have spent infront of a tv:eek:

yeah I know what you mean. I knew I had seen a lot of sci-fi/fantasy/Horror series but didn't realise it was this many. Obviously there's loads that I haven't seen especially the animated stuff. I should also think there's tons of series that predate this list too:eek:.

Any one of the multitude of Power Rangers spin-offs!
The Tick - animation (there was also a live-action one which was mentioned previously)

Last edited:
UPDATED :smashin:

Paradox...... no love for this BBC series? Tamsin Outhwaite was supposedly the next big thing.... er, it bombed.

Robocop...... another crap version of a tv series

Cleopatra 2525.... top totty, crap show.:D

Last edited:
Hi,

"The Twilight Zone" did have a very short-lived 1990's spin-off. There was also:

Surface
La Femme Nikita
Poltergeist: The Legacy
Bugs (BBC action/sci-fi/spy show)
Space Precinct (Gerry Anderson live-action/puppetry show)
Red Dwarf
Merlin
AfterWORLD (CGI animated series shown on Channel 4)
Earth 2
Space: Above And Beyond
Smallville
Tru Calling
Robocop: Prime Directives (4 x 90m TV Movies)
Wolf Lake

Pooch

Last edited:
Hi,

"The Twilight Zone" did have a very short-lived 1990's spin-off. There was also:

Surface
La Femme Nikita
Red Dwarf
Merlin
Afterlife (CGI animated series shown on Channel 4)
Earth 2
Smallville
Tru Calling
Wolf Lake

Pooch

At least 2 of those have been mentioned Pooch.:)

Hi,

Surface
La Femme Nikita
Red Dwarf
Merlin
AfterWORLD (CGI animated series shown on Channel 4)
Earth 2
Smallville
Tru Calling
Wolf Lake

Pooch

Cheers for adding to the thread Pooch as I see a few new ones.:)

Thanks for everyones help in assisting to compile this list. I've updated everyones submissions but what is the situation with Robocop? was there more one series?

Also La Femme Nikita, does it really fit into this list? I did consider this show just like Alias but what are people's opinions, would you say either show should be on this list?

Last edited:
Has anyone mentioned The Avengers yet ? It ventured more and more into sci-fi and even the supernatural as it went along. By the time Diana Rigg joined as Emma Peel it had far strayed from it's realisitic roots and was all the better for it.

Also, there was a hilarious so-bad-it's-good 70s sci-fi shows called Star Maidens about a planet where the women had enslaved all men:

Star Maidens

Has anyone mentioned The Avengers yet ? It ventured more and more into sci-fi and even the supernatural as it went along. By the time Diana Rigg joined as Emma Peel it had far strayed from it's realisitic roots and was all the better for it.

Also, there was a hilarious so-bad-it's-good 70s sci-fi shows called Star Maidens about a planet where the women had enslaved all men:

No Todd I was asking for series from 1990 onwards.:)

any more series?

Captain Scarlet ....new animated version
Terrahawks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom