1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV resets itself?!?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by PIL, Jan 14, 2002.

1. PIL

PIL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Panasonic TX36PF10, about 2.5 years old.
    On Saturday, the pic started to get darker and darker on all terrestrial channels, also with VHS, $ky and DVD (all input the tv through different inputs). Indeed R1 DVD's had a bad yellowy tint. I played about with the picture settings and NTSC tint was way off the scale to the right - it took about 20 secs off holding the minus button to get it back to a central point, but made no difference to the tint. I had to lower the settings to get a quite crap picture back (normally all settings were roughly in the middle of the bar).

It was now about midnight and frustrated I switched off and decided to have a look in the morning. :(

It was the afternoon when I switched the tv back on and ....
    It seems to have reset itself - not the channels, BBC1 etc were all OK, the AI was still off, sound /bass etc were the same - but the colour had come back (once I put all the settings to the middle of the bar) and the geometry was back to 000 (for the record its -005 where I live) so the pic was slanted. Its back to the same cracking picture (IMHO) it always had.:)

So, has anyone else experienced this or knows what's going on. Is turning the set off enough when you experience a problem?:confused:

One thing - my amp is about 2 foot to the left of the tv and was on for 2 days solid (left on overnight), but this darkening wasn't localised, it was uniform over the whole screen. Any opinions welcome.