TV replacement for repairs

arenaman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've just been called by a repair agent for John Lewis who say they may have to take my TV away to look at when they come later this morning. They have said that the biggest TV they have as a temporary replacement is a 42" where I have a 64", it would just look incredibly small and god knows how long mine would take to be repaired.

Do we thing this is acceptable or should I get onto JL and get a comparable size replacement in the meantime?

Do we thing this is acceptable or should I get onto JL and get a comparable size replacement in the meantime?

Not acceptable imo and yes i would get the comparable size one, but will they accept that you do that, i mean will they pay for it?

Not acceptable imo and yes i would get the comparable size one, but will they accept that you do that, i mean will they pay for it?

The repair agent (Martin Dawes) are saying that they don't have anything bigger which isn't good but I'm not really blaming them but do think I should have something at least 55". If it does have to go and JL don't sort something out I've good mind to order another 64/65 TV from them then return for a full refund within 28 days ;)

Supplying a loan TV is not a requirement of the manufactures warranty, it's something a dealer or service agent can do at their discretion (which most will do for their customers to keep them happy)

It's something we offer for our customers, we have a few (older model) 32" & 42" TV's that we loan out if required, if a customer has a larger TV then we apologise, and say that they shouldn't be without their TV for too long. To be honest though, I can't remember it ever being an issue.

As max says sadly.

When my V20 was in for repair and 46" GT30 I had to live with a 32" and 37" LCD shudder.

What's going on with your set? Sorry not been on much.
My D6900 needs looking at but I cant afford the engineer at the mo.:(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom