• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TV replacement for repairs

arenaman

I've just been called by a repair agent for John Lewis who say they may have to take my TV away to look at when they come later this morning. They have said that the biggest TV they have as a temporary replacement is a 42" where I have a 64", it would just look incredibly small and god knows how long mine would take to be repaired.

Do we thing this is acceptable or should I get onto JL and get a comparable size replacement in the meantime?

Inferno

Distinguished Member
Do we thing this is acceptable or should I get onto JL and get a comparable size replacement in the meantime?

Not acceptable imo and yes i would get the comparable size one, but will they accept that you do that, i mean will they pay for it?

arenaman

Not acceptable imo and yes i would get the comparable size one, but will they accept that you do that, i mean will they pay for it?

The repair agent (Martin Dawes) are saying that they don't have anything bigger which isn't good but I'm not really blaming them but do think I should have something at least 55". If it does have to go and JL don't sort something out I've good mind to order another 64/65 TV from them then return for a full refund within 28 days ;)

Inferno

Distinguished Member
Ha ha good call :).

MAX1210

Supplying a loan TV is not a requirement of the manufactures warranty, it's something a dealer or service agent can do at their discretion (which most will do for their customers to keep them happy)

It's something we offer for our customers, we have a few (older model) 32" & 42" TV's that we loan out if required, if a customer has a larger TV then we apologise, and say that they shouldn't be without their TV for too long. To be honest though, I can't remember it ever being an issue.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom