Quantcast

tv repaired wrong tube i think?

M

mkendall

just had a new tube in my Toshiba 82zd16b as my daughter scratched the screen.The engineer came out to inspect the damage and said it would cost at least £700 plus to repair i.e new tube needed.
Insurance company rang me and said it would be repaired as the quote they received from the repair company was just under £400.I queried this and they said that the must have got a special offer or clearance line from toshiba on tubes.I rang the repair company to make sure it was a genuine toshiba tube and they said it was.Tv delivered Friday asked again that was it a genuine tube he said it was all fine and dandy except if i look through the vent grills on the back of the tv there is a Phillips sticker on the tube.

So is this the norm or are they trying to rip me off!

Help please before i start my complaint procedure tomorrow.

Thanks
Mike

Report this post to a moderator

Flimber

Distinguished Member
Loads of tellies use Philips Tubes nowadays. It's probly the right one.

Mike.

TooManyHobbies

Novice Member
Hi I have Loewe Planus and it has a Phillips tube. If you where to look inside your TV you will probably find other bits by other companys too.

lynx

This is par for the course. I wouldn't get concerned over it.How does it perform ?

lynx

Originally posted by mkendall

Report this post to a moderator
???? :confused:

P

Paul G

I've got a recent Toshiba 4:3 28" set that uses a Thomson tube.

Its got a good picture so I'm happy anyway.

M

mkendall

i am a forum member at both sites.Dont think its a problem posting a question on 2 sites is it?

what does highlighted a bit further down?

anybody explain please so i dont make the same mistake again.

cheers for the help so far

mike

Top Bottom