1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Repair Wait?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by dmach22, Jan 16, 2003.

1. dmach22

dmach22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi All,
    My Philips 32pw9527 was taken for repair by the service representatives of the online store from where I bought it on 14/12/02 (due to a faulty tube). How long should I wait before I start pestering the company about a return date?

2. drphibes

drphibes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Did they supply you with a replacement set?.

I feel that a month is a long enough time period to repair a set , I would imagine they might point to the festive period as a reason why the repair might take longer than normal but I would ring them and ask just exactly when they intend to return your set.
    I am sure someone can give you a better idea on where you stand legally regarding the acceptable timespan for a repair.

Drphibes

3. dmach22

dmach22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    No they did not supply a replacement set. And to add insult to injury it was four weeks before that date when the engineer originally came to look at the set after I had reported a problem, and at the time he said he needed to get a special remote to access the service menu before fixing the set! By the way I bought the TV in July.

4. drummerboy

drummerboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    dmach22
    just out of interest, what was the problem with your 9527 ?
    Was it poor focus on the left hand side by any chance, or was it something else ?
    cheers

5. dmach22

dmach22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    There were basically 3 problems:
    1) It took 35seconds from switching the TV on before sound + picture appeared ( should be about 10sec)
    2) Bright magenta cast all over screen , which changed to green after a couple of weeks
    3) Bright horizontal zig-zag lines across the screen when contrast and brightness are turned down to low levels.
    I should also mention that I began to notice the infamous dark bars whwn the TV became faulty.

6. danlo

danlo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I too purchased a 9527 about 4-5 Months ago. A few months back things started to go wrong :(

1) All blacks started to look green.
    2) Orange zigzag lines throughout the screen
    3) Random loud cracking noise accompanied by a black screen for a few seconds.
    4) Screen has a "light" bar down centre, very obvious with panning scenes.

TV has been away to be repaired for 2 weeks now, Comet say they are waiting for a "part" but don't know any delivery dates.
    Engineer also muttered something about "option codes" being corrupt causing the colour changes.

Has anybody with any of the above problems discovered the cause(s) yet?

Danlo