TV recording

Turnbullissimo

Established Member
Reaction score
So I have acquired a Samsung Q60A TV. I then bought a 2TB external drive (USB 3.0) for recording programmes.
It asks if I want to format it but after that comes up with an error message saying its not fast enough. Anyone have any idea what this means and how I can rectify it?

Almost certainly the read/write speed of your drive is not fast enough to record a live transmission.

Do you have the HDD in the correct USB port?
It's the one marked “HDD 1A” (2nd one down)

There should be a blue port, plug it in that one.

So I have acquired a Samsung Q60A TV. I then bought a 2TB external drive (USB 3.0) for recording programmes.
It asks if I want to format it but after that comes up with an error message saying its not fast enough. Anyone have any idea what this means and how I can rectify it?
I have an SSD for recording and it works fine though needs 2 USB tv sockets - the second to provide current for the drive.

EMHO is big waste of HDD just for recordings from TV. You can buy good quality USB memory stick and use this instead of HDD.
All material you record you can find it later on web

I have a new xternal hard drive that is now working to record from the epg. However the Samsung remote has no record button so is there a way of recording a programme that is currently playing?

Only from the EPG AFAIK.
Can you tell us how you got it working as a follow on from post #1?

Last edited:
I have a new xternal hard drive that is now working to record from the epg. However the Samsung remote has no record button so is there a way of recording a programme that is currently playing?
Press 123 button - more - record

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom