TV recording

Turnbullissimo

Novice Member
So I have acquired a Samsung Q60A TV. I then bought a 2TB external drive (USB 3.0) for recording programmes.
It asks if I want to format it but after that comes up with an error message saying its not fast enough. Anyone have any idea what this means and how I can rectify it?

mike7

Almost certainly the read/write speed of your drive is not fast enough to record a live transmission.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Do you have the HDD in the correct USB port?
It's the one marked “HDD 1A” (2nd one down)

Kapkirk

There should be a blue port, plug it in that one.

mikezoe

So I have acquired a Samsung Q60A TV. I then bought a 2TB external drive (USB 3.0) for recording programmes.
It asks if I want to format it but after that comes up with an error message saying its not fast enough. Anyone have any idea what this means and how I can rectify it?
I have an SSD for recording and it works fine though needs 2 USB tv sockets - the second to provide current for the drive.

notengo13

EMHO is big waste of HDD just for recordings from TV. You can buy good quality USB memory stick and use this instead of HDD.
All material you record you can find it later on web

Turnbullissimo

Novice Member
I have a new xternal hard drive that is now working to record from the epg. However the Samsung remote has no record button so is there a way of recording a programme that is currently playing?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Only from the EPG AFAIK.
Can you tell us how you got it working as a follow on from post #1?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom