TV recommendations for PS4

TEROKNOR

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!!

I'm looking to possibly change my current Sony KDL-40W705C TV that I use for my PS4. I'm interested in hearing what people's thoughts are on getting a new one?
I'm look for the same size (I don't mind a little bigger) my manufacture of choice is either Sony, Panasonic and maybe Samsung at a push. £500-£600 budget. And something that is future proof possibly with the PS5?!?!?

Anyone??? ☹️

Worth posting in the PS4 Section?
I used to have the 705C until it got screen issues. Thankfully purchased from John Lewis so got it replaced and went with the Samsung RU7100 as it would not cost me anything and was slightly bigger. Its been great so far. Not the best 4K screen but a big step up from the Sony.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?.....

And should I be considering HDR10+? I'm thinking of future proofing for the PS5.....

Last edited:
Did you ask in the TV section like I suggested? There are some very knowledgeable members there that will definitely be able to help and lots of useful threads.

I hav
Did you ask in the TV section like I suggested? There are some very knowledgeable members there that will definitely be able to help and lots of useful threads.
I have now but it's very technical and suggesting very expensive options. I mainly looking for ideas from like minded people.....

I've just read the replies that you were given and there's nothing wrong with them to be honest. Basically what you want isn't available for the price you want to spend.
You want to future proof for PS5, but you can't do that on your budget. To get the best out of next gen consoles you're going to need to go up to at least 55" screen size, but it looks like you don't have the space for that.
At your screen size you're not going to get the full benefit of 4k and HDR, etc and at your price there will always be sacrifices on something.

This thread is the best place to start, it has the best value models listed by screen size and budget so that would be the most sensible place to start.

Seriously, don't discount the Hisense as a budget brand. I've generally had Sony for TV for many years and, I suppose, was a bit of a brand snob when it comes to electronics (nothing else though funnily enough).

I only wanted a cheap set for my little room and the Hisense is a fantastic TV. I'm considering one when I replace the TV in the lounge, a Sony.

Seriously, don't discount the Hisense as a budget brand. I've generally had Sony for TV for many years and, I suppose, was a bit of a brand snob when it comes to electronics (nothing else though funnily enough).

I only wanted a cheap set for my little room and the Hisense is a fantastic TV. I'm considering one when I replace the TV in the lounge, a Sony.
I usually go for a Panasonic set myself. I decide to go for the Sony last time as it was recommended by a friend. I shall check out the Hisense though. As long as it is good for HDR etc for the PS4/5, I'll be happy.

I don't have anything to compare with, but my PS4 looks awesome in HDR on my Hisense.

Having said that... my take on these things is that you can also go looking for too much from a TV. I know we all want to get the best we can get, but ultimately, especially with gaming, you should be losing yourself in the game and the image becomes secondary.

65 inch B9 oled £1449 atm, but too big for you.

And way over budget. Did you even read the OP? :rotfl:

Too big and too expensive.
I think Desmo is probably right on this one in that the Hisense models deliver the best bang for buck at the OPs price and size.

One other thing that has come to mind and that's the input lag of the set. What is best "number" I should be looking for and how can I find out which set has the best setting?!?!?

Panasonic - every time. I'm still rocking a Panasonic 37" 1080P, 3DTV from way back in 2012.

I've been Samsung for years and I bought a Q60R earlier this year on the strength of their reliability as a brand but really I think as long as it's 4k HD certified and HDR capable I don't think you can really go wrong as far as PS5 compatibility is concerned. The bluray drive is also 4K. There is also no harm in going for a marked down previous year model. Most improvements in the updated model will be imperceptive I think.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom