• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TV recommendations for Music streaming (Tidal, Spotify, YouTube)

Death Angel

Novice Member
I am after a TV for my bedroom , 43" to 55" inch, which I will primarily use for listening to music via streaming services such as Tidal and Spotify and watching music videos on Youtube as well as movies via Amazon Prime.

What recommendations for a TV and soundbar brand or model would you make for my requirements?

I have thought about going for a Hisense or TCL and upgrading the soundbar to a bigger brand (Sonos/Sony/Samsung).

Or would a Sony, LG or Samsung TV be better?

Budget is around £500-600 for the TV alone.

Many thanks!

tvdavid

or this one a little better

Dodgexander

Welcome to the forum!

Music streaming services don't have to have anything to do with a TV and should be played either direct on a soundbar, cast via a smart phone/tablet to a soundbar via Bluetooth or WiFi.
If you want to use them direct on the TV you'll be limited only to use Spotify, and only on certain models that have a spotify app. The interface is a lot worse, and not as intuitive as on a phone or tablet.

The other thing to consider is that soundbars themselves are designed for TV and Movies in mind, and finding one that is both good for music will be hard, especially with a limit budget.

Given the focus on music, In your situation I'd really consider instead using a pair of speakers and an amp connected to the TV instead, that way you can search out equipment that is much more musical than a soundbar.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts that I hope help you search. This is the TV section of the forum, there's both a soundbar and speaker/music section to discuss other topics.

As far as TV recommendations go there are some begining steps to take first, the most important of which is deciding which panel type is more suited for your viewing conditions. I wrote a guide about that here:

Hisense and TCL models use VA type, whilst other manufacturers use IPS, or in some cases a mix of both.

Right now is not really a great time to buy a TV as you may have already read in other topics. Perhaps if you can still find a 2019 model such as the Hisense B7120 you can still get a good deal on a TV, but if you are left only with 2020 models, you'll have to pay more to get less TV for the money presently as those TVs are currently priced on the high side having just been released.

Death Angel

Novice Member
Welcome to the forum!

Music streaming services don't have to have anything to do with a TV and should be played either direct on a soundbar, cast via a smart phone/tablet to a soundbar via Bluetooth or WiFi.
If you want to use them direct on the TV you'll be limited only to use Spotify, and only on certain models that have a spotify app. The interface is a lot worse, and not as intuitive as on a phone or tablet.

The other thing to consider is that soundbars themselves are designed for TV and Movies in mind, and finding one that is both good for music will be hard, especially with a limit budget.

Given the focus on music, In your situation I'd really consider instead using a pair of speakers and an amp connected to the TV instead, that way you can search out equipment that is much more musical than a soundbar.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts that I hope help you search. This is the TV section of the forum, there's both a soundbar and speaker/music section to discuss other topics.

As far as TV recommendations go there are some begining steps to take first, the most important of which is deciding which panel type is more suited for your viewing conditions. I wrote a guide about that here:

Hisense and TCL models use VA type, whilst other manufacturers use IPS, or in some cases a mix of both.

Right now is not really a great time to buy a TV as you may have already read in other topics. Perhaps if you can still find a 2019 model such as the Hisense B7120 you can still get a good deal on a TV, but if you are left only with 2020 models, you'll have to pay more to get less TV for the money presently as those TVs are currently priced on the high side having just been released.

Thank you!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom