• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Tv recommendation

beIIy

Established Member
Hi, I'm looking for a new tv to be used only for gaming (Xbox 360)
I sit approximately 4.5-5ft away from the screen and currently have a 26" Samsung LCD.
Was originally looking for a 42" plasma but due to my viewing restriction thinking 32" is probably my absolute max.
Could anybody recommend the best TV I could get for my gaming needs with a budget of £350?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

vickster

Distinguished Member
There aren't any 2011 32" LCDs that seem to stand out for gaming that are in your budget

Panasonics have a good rep for low lag and good viewing angles

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/panasonic-viera-tx-l32u3b-32-full-hd-lcd-tv-10201512-pdt.html or

Panasonic VIERA TX-L32E3B 32 FULL HD LED TV - BLACK review cheap prices VIERA TX-L32E3B 32 FULL HD LED TV - BLACK Panasonic best buy discount online uk shop

Or there is a reasonable 32" Sony

Buy Sony Bravia KDL32CX523 LCD HD 1080p TV, 32 inch with Built-in Freeview HD online at JohnLewis.com (£350 with warranty after Sony cashback promo which usually ends on Xmas eve)

Sony CX523 (KDL-40CX523) LCD TV Review | AVForums.com - UK Online

I'd hang on now for the post Xmas sales to see if ther

Last edited:

beIIy

Established Member
Thanks for response

I went for the Samsung UE32D5250 in the end. £379 in PC World.
Was originally going for the D5000 but was out of stock in comet for £349.99 and in stock at PC World for £399.99

Very very happy with it.

beIIy

Established Member
Yes it's unpacked and mounted on the wall. I'm very pleased with it.

Noticeable size difference from the 26", I'm glad I didn't go for a 42" plasma now as I think it would of looked really out of place.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom