TV recommendation for £700ish budget

TravellerSeko

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
My budget is around GBP700 and about to buy one at this price point. I am in between Hisense 65A7GQTUK and 65U7QFTUK. At the moment both of them have very similar price. Which one do you recommend?

Or any other brand / model recommendation for GBP700ist budget such as TCL 65C729K?

1) I am 9 feet away from the TV
2) We prefer watching only movies (not sport or gaming).
3) My plan is to use bias strip lights to improve the view in the evenings and buy Hisense HS214 soundbar.

The only thing confusing me the guarantee:) A7G has 5 year guarantee from the manufacturer other one has 1 year guarantee. But anyway I’ll go with U7G:)
The U7Q is a lot better than the new A7G and C729.

See this post in the other thread:

Get the higher end U8Q for £749 at the moment, can't beat that deal presently.

Hisense only have a 1 year guarantee themselves, anything extra on top of that is a promotion from the shop where you buy the TV.

See this post in the other thread:

Get the higher end U8Q for £749 at the moment, can't beat that deal presently.

Hisense only have a 1 year guarantee themselves, anything extra on top of that is a promotion from the shop where you buy the TV.
Hi pal,
Thanks very much. I ordered Hisense 65U8GQTUK 65 Inch ULED 4K Ultra HD Smart TV which is GBP749.89 I am extremely excited.

I decided not to buy Sanus tilted wall mount from Costco which is expensive.

Below is my upcoming purchases. What do you think?

1) Mounting Dream tilted wall mount
Amazon product ASIN B01M6A84V0
2) HISENSE HS214 Soundbar All-in-one, Wireless Bluetooth, Powerful Bass Built-in, Compact Design, AUX, HDMI, USB, TV, PC Speaker Amazon product ASIN B08DJ8P377
3) TV backlight (if I need)

Hi pal,
Thanks very much. I ordered Hisense 65U8GQTUK 65 Inch ULED 4K Ultra HD Smart TV which is GBP749.89 I am extremely excited.

I decided not to buy Sanus tilted wall mount from Costco which is expensive.

Below is my upcoming purchases. What do you think?

1) Mounting Dream tilted wall mount
Amazon product ASIN B01M6A84V0
2) HISENSE HS214 Soundbar All-in-one, Wireless Bluetooth, Powerful Bass Built-in, Compact Design, AUX, HDMI, USB, TV, PC Speaker Amazon product ASIN B08DJ8P377
3) TV backlight (if I need)
That's the wrong TV. U8G is a 2021 model, U8Q a 2020 one.
The U8G is a worse TV, most people wouldn't buy it over its predecessor but if you need good viewing angles it may be a necessary evil.

Wall mount - entirely up to you, none better than the next really.
Soundbar - Last I checked the Hisense ones are only average, may be better off with a well-reviewed one instead.

That's the wrong TV. U8G is a 2021 model, U8Q a 2020 one.
The U8G is a worse TV, most people wouldn't buy it over its predecessor but if you need good viewing angles it may be a necessary evil.

Wall mount - entirely up to you, none better than the next really.
Soundbar - Last I checked the Hisense ones are only average, may be better off with a well-reviewed one instead.
Omg, I followed the link on the thread you told me which is GBP749😭😭 I didn’t realise if it is U8Q or not.
Do you recommend me to cancel the order? The one in Costco is U8GQ not U8QF.

Thanks for the comment on wall mount and soundbar 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Last edited:
Yes, I'd cancel it. I'm sorry I read the U8GQ as U8Q.

U8Q is the one you want if you want to keep the budget low. U8G is not as good.

Providing you don't need wide viewing angles.

Yes, I'd cancel it. I'm sorry I read the U8GQ as U8Q.

U8Q is the one you want if you want to keep the budget low. U8G is not as good.

Providing you don't need wide viewing angles.
GBP749 is the price I can afford but can’t go up to 899 for the one you mentioned.
If the one I bought is better than A7G (GBP600), that’s fine. But if it is not worth that GBP150 extra, I’ll cancel it tomorrow. If you give me this final advise, I would appreciate that. Sorry I bothered you so much. This will be a surprise for my son and wife as well. My first TV in UK since I moved here in 2020 🙏🏻

Problem is you're stretching the budget a bit much to get a quality 65". Sometimes you can get good deals on TVs at 65". I think the U8Q was selling for £850 at one point.

But £750 is not going to buy much, expectations have to be low, especially if you intend to use the TV for watching HDR content.

Problem is you're stretching the budget a bit much to get a quality 65". Sometimes you can get good deals on TVs at 65". I think the U8Q was selling for £850 at one point.

But £750 is not going to buy much, expectations have to be low, especially if you intend to use the TV for watching HDR content.
Yeah, that’s what I thought all night:) up to GBP750, I couldn’t find any one better. 120H is advantage as well in my opinion. I mean I can’t buy any better if I cancel this one if I am not able to increase my budget (I think 🤔).
Let’s see how it goes.
we don’t have any TV at home at the moment.
I am keeping expectations low but I believe it would be better than the one I had previously which is Samsung U55 led (2016 model):)

hi folks,
My tv is still on pending for delivery from Costco. But at the same time Box has given me the price match. Which one has better customer service?
I can cancel it and buy it from Box.Co.uk

I’d buy from Costco, extended warranty, no quibble returns, actual physical premises with staff in case of issues

I think you do need to maintain your membership to get the warranty for the 5 years (but perhaps can rejoin if membership lapses and need to claim. Check Ts & Cs carefully
Other food retailers are Richer Sounds and John Lewis

I think you do need to maintain your membership to get the warranty for the 5 years (but perhaps can rejoin if membership lapses and need to claim. Check Ts & Cs carefully
Other food retailers are Richer Sounds and John Lewis
Membership is alright 👍🏻 They have tons of cheap items and I’ll keep it with me in anyway😂
Customer service is my priority as I had many bad experiences in the past.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom