TV Randomly Turning Off

mitchell2k4

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi

After some help as at the moment I’m really perplexed! There’s a bit of a saga as Samsung have even exchanged the tv for a new one and I’m still getting the problem.

I purchased a Samsung UE65TU7100KXXU in December.

For some reason, at random intervals the tv just turns itself off. I have made sure that the eco and auto standby settings are turned off and the software is up to date so it’s none of the basic things.

I have a Sky Q box connected to the tv and a Sony HT-X8500 sound bar.

Plugged into the sound bar is a HDMI switch and that has a fire stick, PS5 and Apple TV connected to it.

With Samsung having swapped the tv out for a new unit it can’t be a faulty tv so I’m at a loss

Turns off as in switches to standby with the standby LED lit?, or completely off with no LED lit?
If the former you're going to have to do a bit of detective work and just connect one device at a time and run it for a day or two then add a second device and so on until you find the combination that switches it off.
If the latter check the mains lead/connection/socket.

Goes into standby and also powers down the sound bar.
I’ve disconnected the switch for now, let’s see how that goes.

Samsung initially replaced the logic board in the first tv and then replaced the whole tv - surprised they didn’t ask for me to troubleshoot it more considering it must be something to do with the setup

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom