Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

TV / PS2 / DVD Connections

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Steve22, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Steve22

Steve22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Im looking at buying a Panasonic TX28DTX10C IDTV in the immediate future but it only comes with 1 RGB Scart connection and one scart AV in/out.

Now this means nothing to me ( :rolleyes: , but I want to connect my PS2 and DVD player to the TV - nothing else. Is this one RGB scart situation going to hinder me at all? What is the norm?

What ports do I need to use to connect these items to achieve the best quality?

Thanks for your help :thumbsup:

2. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    If your DVD player has two scart sockets you could plug the PS2 into the DVD's input scart (probably labelled AV2) and then connect the DVD's AV1 to the TV's RGB-enabled scart (probably labelled AV1). If the DVD only has one scart socket, you'll need to get a scart switching box - I use a fully-automated JS Technology Master Scart Controller, which costs about £50, but there are cheaper manual switching boxes around.