• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

tv programmes in surround sound

danz101

Standard Member
i have just bought a lg ht903ta home cinema system.i have connected my ps3 through optical to the lg unit an hdmi from the ps3 to my philips 42pfl5522d tv and works fine through surround sound however i am unable to get tv programmes in surround sound.i have connected a 2rca lead from tv to lg unit but with no luck.i know it wont work in full 5.1 sound since tv isnt recorded that way but surley it should still work in a few speakers?or am i wrong?!any help much appreciated!thanks

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
it all depends on whether the phonos you have connected on the tv, are indeed "audio out".
as far as i can see that tv has no audio outs, and maybe you could use maybe the headphone socket, or one of the scarts as an audio out..

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom