TV Power Supply Help ?

wilbanat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Afternoon all
Have a TV that went pop yesterday, this has gone before and was repaired by Toshiba but I can't do that again.
The power supply it has and which has gone is a Vestel 17PW25-4

I have a another TV spare that has a Vestal 17PW26-5 V.3 which has the same connections and footprint.

I have found where to buy these both from but each time it doesn't really give me the specification.

Anyone of you know the difference ? I presume it's wattage.

Although the connections may look the same there may be different voltage rails on the connector pins so they wouldn't be interchangeable.
You would need to obtain and study the circuit diagrams for each to check for differences.
Sometimes a Google search using the Vestel board no will yield a diagram.

Although the connections may look the same there may be different voltage rails on the connector pins so they wouldn't be interchangeable.
You would need to obtain and study the circuit diagrams for each to check for differences.
Sometimes a Google search using the Vestel board no will yield a diagram.
Yeah I am thinking the same, I may just order a new one and be done with it, only about £30.

No brainer if you can buy a new one that cheap...

New psu with the same model number for £30 or repair kit for £20 from here

OHM SUPPLIES LTD - OHM SUPPLIES Ltd, LCD & PLASMA REPAIR KITS AND SPARES

Cheers,

Nigel
Cheers, did look at that and also when it went before (before Toshiba said that they would repair for free). When it went first it was clear that it was one of the resistors (0.22 ohm I believe) but this time nothing visible. For the sake of the extra £10 I think the new one would be a good shout :smashin:

Cheers, did look at that and also when it went before (before Toshiba said that they would repair for free). When it went first it was clear that it was one of the resistors (0.22 ohm I believe) but this time nothing visible. For the sake of the extra £10 I think the new one would be a good shout :smashin:

Agreed, the repair kit seems poor value.

Cheers,

Nigel

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom