• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TV POLL what do you think?

What TV should I buy?

• Sony KDL-46W2000

Votes: 43 29.5%
  • Sharp LC46XD1E

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Samsung LE46M86BD

Votes: 31 21.2%
  • Panasonic TH-42PZ700

Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Toshiba 47WLT66

Votes: 10 6.8%

• Total voters

contrakid

Standard Member
I need a TV

1. I sit about 12ft - 15ft away from screen

2. I would like 1080p just even though i sit so far away

3. I have a Mac Media Center and lots of HD content

4. I don't play console's, but may get a PS3 for the Blue-Ray

5. I would like to spend £2000 or less

6. I watch lots of SD

7. I am very fussy on PQ

Sony KDL-46W2000
Sharp LC46XD1E
Samsung LE46M86BD
Panasonic TH-42PZ700
Toshiba 47WLT66

1Bean

Standard Member
I know this is a LCD forum but have you considered an plasma.
Plasmas are generally a better option when you go above 42” also they are better for SD content.

1Bean

Standard Member
Sorry just notice from your list the Panasonic TH42PZ700 is a plasma and is full HD which at that size and the distance you sit at it does not seem worth it.
From the distance you are sitting at I would also take a look a the TH42PX700 or the Panasonic TH50PX70, it will save you quite a bit of money.

rooster-x

Established Member
You can pick up a Panny 50" Plasma from Richersounds for £1k, it wont do 1080p though but is a bit of a bargain and at that sitting distance I think you would be better off with a 50" display.
:thumbsup:

bluevortex

Established Member
You can pick up a Panny 50" Plasma from Richersounds for £1k, it wont do 1080p though but is a bit of a bargain and at that sitting distance I think you would be better off with a 50" display.
:thumbsup:

A 50" glass screen though - Dont get me wrong i love my 42PW7 but the relection on the glass has put me off purchasing another. If you have any lights in the background they quickly become very annoying. i have opted to try the Sony LCD this time round...

Blue

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom