• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TV placement and buying advice

mainomano

Established Member
Hi guys, I've been trawling through these forums for the last week or so with some good info gleaned. Was hoping I could get some specific advice though.

I'm moving in to my own 1 bed place (currently with parents). I've attached a layout of the room.

Luckily for me, my Aunty is pretty well off and has offered to buy me a TV. She knows I'm a cheeky so and so, so I want to get a pretty good (read: expensive) one.

Main uses:
  • Sky HD - football
  • Gaming - through Xbox360.
  • As a monitor for PC (FPS games) and watching movies. This will be wired via HDMI.
As you can see I'll need at least 3 HDMI's.
Considering the viewing distance, I think a 42 inch may be best, but possible pushing it.
I'd say a reasonable budget would be around the £1,000 mark.

The one I'm concentrating on at the moment is the Panny TXP42V20.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• lounge.PNG
    lounge.PNG
    24.6 KB · Views: 72

jamiev

Established Member
hi, i would go for a plasma.

Can you move the dining table and put the tv there?

mainomano

Established Member
Would it work well behind just in front of the window?

I've got really nice views out of the window so would like to keep that accessible if possible...

jamiev

Established Member
hi, i don't know.
i know that plasma's work better if there is no direct light shining on them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom