TV over inset stove

marinemitch

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just moved home and we have an existing open fire which we will change for a wood burning inset stove, possibly stovax riva 50.
In last home i built a false chimney with fireplace and inset electric fire with flushed in tv etc, obviously no isses.
But i want to mount the tv over this stove in our new home.
Thinking of mounting the tv in a recess above the stove so any rising hot air is directed past screen.
Have any members got an install like this, as stoves are becoming ever more common.

bad idea.......!! the heat generated by a log burner is by far much greater than any electric fire could produce....!!

If you plan to recess the TV, by how much are you cutting into your chimney stack? How deep it is? And how far back is the actual chimney opening?

Even with the flue lined, you're talking intense heat building up; a couple of feet above the stove the temperature will still be several 00 degrees celsius. Factor in cable routing and electric sockets for the TV, and you have one giant potential for a TV nightmare.

I can't see any conventional fire place allowing you to do what you're asking safely.

Will you have a mantle piece? This will deflect a lot of the heat away from the TV if it protrudes enough in front of the TV. I have installed a TV like this at my in laws and it works fine. There is no heat problem behind the screen as bricks and boards are fire rated and because the stove sits inside the fireplace by quite a few inches, by the times the heat starts coming out it then hits the mantle piece and deflects a lot of the heat away. 3 years and no probs for them.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom