1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Output possible?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by scrapbook, Mar 4, 2003.

1. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +550
    Anypne know whether it is possible or of a gizmo that allows output to a television other than by SVHS as I dont have this connection on my TV?

Thanks

2. mephistopheles

mephistopheles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Presumably :-

1/ There is a SCART socket on the TV (and it probably accepts RGB and composite video signals if there is no s-video).

2/ You are outputting from PC via a video card with TV out which provides s-video and composite video signals.

Therefore :-

You can get a SCART adapter with s-video, composite video & stereo audio connections and hook up with RCA -> RCA composite video (+ stereo audio) cables. Unfortunately, composite video is not a high quality signal and it is likely to be unsatisfactory.

Alternatively, you could invest in a scan converter and ouput to TV from the video card's VGA socket to get an RGB signal to the TV.

3. Paul O

Paul O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I use a dongle similar to this - picture attached...

Front end is scart, the back end is either S-VHS, Composite and the audio.

Scart goes straight into the TV. Jobs a good 'un.

Got it from a local electrical shop, but I'm sure dixons or somewhere similar will sell em.

Hope this helps.

Paul.

Attached Files: