1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV out to RPTV?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Kramer, Jan 25, 2002.

1. Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I've been into home cinema for several years, but became PC literate more recently!
    Here's my current config:

Philips 46"RPTV
    Pioneer DV444 Multi region DVD
    Yamaha RVX620RDS Receiver
    Kef spkrs etc...

Dell 4100
    PIII 933mhz
    nVidia GeForce 2 GTS(no TV out)
    NEC 5700A DVD drive(firmware flashed-region free)
    SoundBlaster Live Value sound card(with digital out)
    WinDVD 3.0 Software player.

I now want to output from the PC to my TV. I have tried Creative's PC-DVD Dxr3. Good DVD playback(on TV), but it doesn't allow me output games, & the player interface is crap.

Tried the Trust Televiewer(scan converter) but the picture on TV was unstable-unwatchable.

I'd like to be able to watch DVDs from the PC on the RPTV, run the occasional game on the tele, view pictures etc...

The PC's a year old, & the graphics card was expensive at the time, so I dont want to scrap it if I can.

What should I do? I am hoping to acquire a DLP/LCD projector in the next 6-12 months, as I'm currently upgrading all my equipment, so any new acquisitions will need to be suitable for this.

Replace my graphics card for one with TV out?

What steps should I take to enable me output to TV with the best results? The PC is used for normal activities, so it wont be a dedicated HCPC, at least for the time being.

Help/advice really appreciated.