TV out patch cable for GeForce MX32

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Can't help other than to remind you that there is a lifetime warranty on CL video cards, so you can just send it back for a replacement.

Unfortunately I added a Blorb, and have removed the original heatsink & fan combo. Somehow I don't think I could re-attach it in such a way as to avoid suspicion :(

I'm hoping it is a driver issue [currently using 0752 detonators with NVmax final beta], but I want to play some games on the RPTV before I put the CL GTSII back in.

I need a TV out patch cable for the above, to allow me to connect an S-Video cable.

I was going to sell this card but I have developed a problem with my CL GTSII [dunno if it is hardware or software related, but I cannot run 3DMark2001]

So I have put the MX into my main PC, and will be getting a DVD player shortly. I must say that the OEM MX is performing pretty well, I have it stable at 240 core/210 memory with no dedicated cooling and am getting 2500 with 3DMark2001 [1024x768x32].

If anyone has any ideas what might be amiss with my GeForce II GTS, drop me a line, it works fine in Q3/UT/CMRII, but when I try to run the benchmark it just freezes during the run. I've tried my CPU and card at default speeds and no difference, whereas my MX card runs at the speeds stated above and my PIII850 set at 1071mHz.

[ 16-04-2001: Message edited by: Radioactive__Man ]

Let me get this absolutely clear. You have absolutely no problems with your superior GTS card that gives clearly a significant improvement over the MX in real use, the only problem you have with it is that it does not run a freeware benchmarking program. Forgive me if I'm missing something here because it seems to me that your actions are a little absurd. Enjoy the card for what it does, not the number it reports. All the time its running those benchmarks its stopping you from doing stuff. It would be like someone having a top DVD player that played The Matrix, Terminator 2 Ultimate Edition, Jurassic Park etc superbly thinking that there is a problem with their deck because a trailer disc of the front of a magazine doesn't play properly even though it works on his mate's budget player. Anyway, I'm not just here to be derisory. My point is less black and white and you have requested any suggestions. Software is never perfect and the best programs don't work with everything. PCs being infinitely configurable puts a stop to that. First try the faq page for 3DMark2001 - always a good start:-
3dmark2001 faqs
In case you haven't, check you're running the latest drivers.
CL Drivers
You never know, it maybe the version of drivers for your card causing the problem. But really, if you have invalidated warranty, there is no reason why you should not make the most of your card, faulty or otherwise.

Direct, if not to the point of argumentative :)

I have now found the cause of my lockups, but alas still no vendor for the patch cable.

My problem is the AGP bus speed on my motherboard, because I am overclocking a wee bit, it is running the bus at 89 mHz !!!, and my Soyo 6BA+IV does not have an AGP divider. Obviously the MX card is a little more tolerant to the higher bus speed.
Since upgrading to a PIII 1000, and consequently overclocking to 1.17 gig, the bus is now up to 103 mHz, and the GTSII just wont cope, whereas the MX is running quite happily. New motherboard is on order [ASUS CUS2L-CBP] and I should get it tomorrow :)

Back to your "point" on being absurd, would you be happy with a product half the price outperforming it's predecessor ?, I doubt it, and my endeavours to get to the root of the problem were curiosity and better understanding of my components more than anything else.

Now hopefully this new motherboard has the cable I need, as I notice it has built in graphics with TV-Out. And before anyone asks !, no I do not intend to use the onboard in preference to either of my GFII cards OK ? :)

So what Geforce MX card do you have and how much are you selling it for?

Originally posted by Stephen B:
<STRONG>would you be happy with a product half the price outperforming it's predecessor ?</STRONG>
I don't think he was getting at the out-performance but the fact that the graphics card does everything except run a benchmarking program.
And I have to agree that some people do get carried away with these bench marks.

Originally posted by Stephen B:
<STRONG>as I notice it has built in graphics with TV-Out.</STRONG>
I don't think this will be of any use to you as the TV-out is on the mobo and not your graphics card. And if I've mis-read your post and it's just the cable you're after then it'll probably be an S-VHS cable.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom