1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Out Graphics card

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by DazJWood, Mar 12, 2003.

1. DazJWood

DazJWood
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ideally I would like a graphics card that allows tv out to work as soon as the pc is turned on.

A friend of mine has a computer that outputs to the tv as soon as it is turned on. He thinks it is some kind of ATI card.

Most graphics cards with tv out only seem to output when windows has booted up. For a home cinema pc this is ok as long as the system does not hang or crash at some point before. If it does it means having to then connect a monitor to it to resolve the problem.

Can anyone give me suggestions for Graphics cards that allow output as soon as the pc is powered up.

Thanks,

Daz

2. DazJWood

DazJWood
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there really nobody who knows the answer to this one?

3. Lem

Lem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have used both the Radeon and the GF4MX built into the nForce chipset and they both do TV-Out from boot-up. May well be that your BIOS settings are different to your windows settings for TV Output eg NTSC/PAL UK used PAL-I

4. dukebox_1st

dukebox_1st
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my geforce 4 4600 will boot with a tv as monitor and show the entire bootup, however i suspect it has to b set to b primary monitor inorder to show the boot. my current setup has dual tfts and only one sdisplays an image during startup while the other waits until it breaks into windows before display anything,
    hope that helps
    tom

5. james.miller

james.miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    yes it depend on weather its the primary monitor or not, well thats for the gf4 mx's, anyway. my Ati r9500 will display on both monitors up until you actually get into windows and the drivers take control. (or monitor and t.v depending on if the second monitor is connected or not)