TV Out and CRT screens burning.

roorooroo

I am trying to route my PC through the TV-out to my philips 28pw6008. The screen is bright and clear except that after a couple of minutes anything displayed white "burns" into the TV leaving a blackish mark on the screen afterwards. I have also tried the same on my Bro's panasonic with similar results.

Do any of you have any tips on how to avoid this?

Thanks, Roo

0lly

Looks like you are overdriving the CRT guns. Some graphics cards have an overdrive option which dramatically boosts the contrast and brightness. I have found this too bright and might damage your phosphors.

I suggest you download a test pattern, set the brightness and contrast on your TV to half way and then adjust your computer output to suit the test pattern. The test pattern will show you if your brightness, contrast and saturation are at the correct level.

roorooroo

0lly said:
Looks like you are overdriving the CRT guns. Some graphics cards have an overdrive option which dramatically boosts the contrast and brightness. I have found this too bright and might damage your phosphors.

I suggest you download a test pattern, set the brightness and contrast on your TV to half way and then adjust your computer output to suit the test pattern. The test pattern will show you if your brightness, contrast and saturation are at the correct level.
Thank you, that sounds like a good and logical idea. I will give it a go and see what happens. Cheers, Roo

Top Bottom