TV or Sky at fault

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by jkdrob, Jul 8, 2015.

1. jkdrob

jkdrob
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I'm not very tech minded and wondered if someone could clear is up for me...

Basically on certain channels my Sky TV is getting the odd laggy glitch. This happens now and again, roughly every few minutes so far on itv, itv2 and disney. The lagging glitch only lasts about 0.5 of a second and then everything is back to normal.
    This issue doesn't happen on any bbc channel or sky 1, 2 etc. I've also tried a few DVDs and Blu Rays and no glitching! I haven't sat down and watched hours of tv to test as I haven't had the time.

I'm thinking it might be the broadcast from certain channels causing the fault, but it's weird it didn't happen at all on my previous tv of the same model. Maybe it's just coincidence that it's started playing up since I got the replacement tv. I didn't notice it as soon as i set the new tv up either, maybe a day or two after...

Anyone had this before? Could the tv be at fault or is like more likely the broadcast?

Thanks

2. raduv1

raduv1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,388
    First off what TV do you have ? I've just sorted mine with the help of members in the JS9000 thread . Same as you I thought it was down to the broadcasts because it's intermittent problem. I have now set all the auto motion plus controls on my Samsung to off and BANG no more stuttering or slight judder/pause in picture.

So what tv fella as it might be a simple fix :smashin:.

3. Andrew1472

Andrew1472

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,645
  4. jkdrob

jkdrob
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

It's a Panasonic tx55ax902b. It's my second one as the first had a defect but I didn't have the lagging glitch with it! With my old tv I was up to date with the latest firmware but I haven't updated as of yet with my replacement.

It's just weird the issue is only on selected channels. Surely if it was the tv then I would have this issue on all channels??

5. jkdrob

jkdrob
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks mate I will do this!!

6. raduv1

raduv1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,388
    I tried this with my sky box and it didn't resolve it , but good luck fella . If it does not solve it try turning of all of your motion settings as the powers to be seem to like us to have them on by default. It has worked wonders on my Sammy JS9000 mate and might work for you. Matter of fact just turn off any tv enhanment an see if it improves your issues. I came close to ditching mine until it was reminded

7. jkdrob

jkdrob
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    So I've deleted all my deleted programs and rebuilt the planner and it's still present.

Just updating the tv to the latest firmware of 3.040 hoping this will do the trick.

8. raduv1

raduv1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,388
    Have you checked your picture settings ? What mode are you watching in ? Check what mode and check what that mode might be turning on in the settings.

9. jkdrob

jkdrob
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It appears panasonics latest update has sorted the issue I was having!!. Thanks for all the help everyone.

10. jkdrob

jkdrob
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It appears panasonics latest update has sorted the issue I was having!!. Thanks for all the help everyone.