TV or Blu ray player at fault?

Ocelot

Established Member
Reaction score
Wasnt sure which forum to put this in so trying here.
I watch blu rays most weekends. Recently whilst watching, but not on every film, part way through a film, my tv will suddenly switch back to the TV picture and I have to fumble for the remote and switch the tv input back to the HDMI channel for the blu ray. Meanwhile having missed some of the film. This is extremely annoying to say the least and can happen more than once per film.
Both tv and blu ray player are panasonic. TV is TXP46GT30B, not sure the model of the blu ray player.
I would just go and buy another blu-ray but Im hoping to upgrade to an OLED UltraHD at some point so would buy an ultra hd blu ray player then. If I were to "pre" buy an ultra HD player presumably it wouldnt work with the GT30B telly?

Advice on solving this problem most appreciated. Thanks

UHD player will work fine with your current set. It won’t play uhd discs, obviously, but will play blu Rays fine.

Not sure what could be causing this, but try a different cable. Also, the tv should only act if it’s told to do something, so perhaps remote is acting up?

Do a "Shipping condition" reset on your TV . Ages ago there was some kind of over the air download via freeview to cure this but its very unlikely to be still available .

Easiest solution would be to, if possible, borrow a friend's Bluray player one evening and see if the fault still shows. If you live me near me I would be happy to help out - Airdrie, Lanarkshire.
Martin.

Easiest solution would be to, if possible, borrow a friend's Bluray player one evening and see if the fault still shows. If you live me near me I would be happy to help out - Airdrie, Lanarkshire.
Martin.
Opposite ends of the country, he lives in Bournemouth.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom