TV optical out to blue ray to analog receiver

H2O Buff

Novice Member
Reaction score
Need to run audio from Panasonic p55vt plasma tv into Oppo 105 blue ray into analog stereo Macintosh preamp. The tv has various hdmi outputs, including an arc one, and an optical out. The Oppo has various hdmi inputs and optical input, and has analog (XLR and RCA) outs. The Mac preamp has analog XLR and RCA inputs. We Stream Netflix from the tv a lot and want to play the audio through the Mac stereo system. Hdmi1 out from tv connects to hdmi input on Oppo, but Oppo does not seem to allow me to take tv audio and send as analog to the Mac that way. Connected the tv to Oppo via optical cable but cannot figure out how to make the Oppo pass that signal (converted to analog) to the Mac preamp. Of course CDs and blue ray discs sound awesome through the Mac. I
Have reviewed the tv and Oppo manuals. Help.

ARC only works if both devices have ARC enabled HDMI sockets - I think only your TV is ARC enabled.

Have you tried using a different Optical Out equipped Source to the Optical In on the Oppo to 'prove' the Optical to 2RCA conversion is working?

Assuming that works it's going to be a Setting within the TV you need to adjust to 'enable' Optical Out from the TV.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom