Tv on Wall fixing plate


Active Member
I want to feed cables through the wall.

This is what I understand I need to buy:

Plastic front plate LAP 1-Gang Front Plate with Double Module Aperture White
Twin flex outlet (The brush part) LAP Twin Flex Outlet Black
Dry lining box Appleby 1-Gang 35mm Dry Lining Box

However with the dry lining box I don't know how I'm going to feed the power cable through as there's one knockout hole which doesn't look big enough.

So really what I'm saying is I ideally want something like this picture but I don't know what it's called?

How have others done it?


Distinguished Member
You can buy ready made brush face plates for less from places like Kenable - They are also on ebay and are sometimes cheaper.

Could you use a metal back box instead? Would be easier to cut a section out or fit a rubber grommet to feed the cables through. Otherwise carefully drill or cut a large enough hole in the plastic box, but be careful not to crack the entire box.


Well-known Member
They're quite a large hole in the Appleby boxes, so depends how many cables your wanting to feed through?
You can always cut the back of the box out if you need bigger.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom