TV on top of stereo

Panoktok

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Just want to ask if its alright to put the tv on top of big speakers. Is there any bad effect on the tv? Do I really need to buy a tv stand?

Thank you in advance guys.

20210427_142300.jpg

Personally I'd hate that. Can't you fashion / buy a shelf/ fix TV to the wall?

Last edited:
Those speakers are plastic, presumably ? Doesn't look very stable to me.

Why not buy a proper unit ? You don't have to spend a lot. IKEA do a variety that aren't too expensive and the end result will be safer and look a lot better.

The OP is in NZ . IKEA do not have stores there although one is planned to open in Auckland which is a fair trot from the OP. Also unclear as to whether their on-line business is operational there as yet.

Last edited:
Looks like a kids room? OP, any danger of little ones pulling/knocking it over?

If so, recommend fixing it to wall on a suitable mount.

Hi guys

Just want to ask if its alright to put the tv on top of big speakers. Is there any bad effect on the tv? Do I really need to buy a tv stand?

Thank you in advance guys.

View attachment 1505046
There is so much wrong here I struggle to know where to start! The electrical safety aspects, especially with children around should be a priority.

Last edited:
There is so much wrong here I struggle to know where to start! The electrical safety aspects, especially with children around should be a priority.
No it does not look like that,as you can see on the pic i just recently moved the old tv stand that i have since it could not fit. Totally I agree on the safety of kids first. All the cable in there is in the back of the stereo before. At the moment still looking for a long tv stand.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom