TV on PS3 via WinTV NOVA T ???

gurka

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to get a USB TV device (WinTV Nova t stick or Nova t TD) working in Linux ? have checked the www.linuxtv.org site for driver but cant make heads or tails of it ! :lease:

I don't seem to understand the point

TV on a PS3... that you are already playing on a TV - that already shows channels ... or is there more to it

What would be nice is a usb hd sat receiver for the PS3 as it certainly has the power to handle this and could be a cheap way to access the BBC HD channel

I don't seem to understand the point

TV on a PS3... that you are already playing on a TV - that already shows channels ... or is there more to it

Presumably the PS3 could act as a PVR:confused:

What would be nice is a usb hd sat receiver for the PS3 as it certainly has the power to handle this and could be a cheap way to access the BBC HD channel

This is why I am very interested in getting it running, the PS3 would handle HD with ease (BBC HD) :clap:

I saw a youtube video a while back of some German guys that had MythTv running on a PS3 with a USB DVB-T antenna. Seemed to work pretty well, I think with most things on PS3 linux, the bottleneck will be that access to the GPU is limited.

:( nope, I had to re-format my drive so have to do the whole linux install again,

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom