TV on my PC monitor .....

F

Feersum enjinn

A bit off topic. I have an old PC - 550 celeron 64 ram, etc etc basic 32MB graphics card. I dont use it with my projector or anything, but i do want to watch TV or video on my Monitor screen as i am short on space and dont need a separate Television. I will use my Projector for movies and stuff.

What is the cheapest way of doing this? can i buy something that may sit on my monitor that will accept an aerial imput and broadcast through my monitor?

I am not fussy, so cheap and cheerful is fine, if there is a cheating way of doing it - thats cool :) -

Maybe a ProV will output to my monitor? i was thinking of buying one heh, adn it has a built in TV receiver so maybe i can kill 1 birds with one stone

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!

J

Jonny1973

Yep, the Pro-V outputs a computer signal so you can plug either a monitor or a projector into it.

The Pro-V outputs VGA (640x480), SVGA (800x600) and XGA (1024x768).

TV looks stunning on a monitor.

F

Feersum enjinn

thank you for advice!

Last thing, will i need and special software for my monitor to 'watch television' on it?

Or do i just plug the ProV directly into the monitor and away i go?

J

Jonny1973

You don't need a computer at all!!!

Just plug the Pro-V into the monitor but there's also a pass-thru for the PC. Use the remote control to switch source from PC, Composite and S-Video.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom