TV On demand

mark99

Standard Member
Reaction score
I cannot access Virgin's TV on demand features, including pay per view movies. All I get is a message saying the facility is experiencing problems and gives me a 1021 error code. I phoned Customer Services who were useless as usual, saying they would look into it and call back. They never did which is odd considering I want to effectively pay them more money for watching films.

Anyone else get this?

Have you rebooted the set top box as that fixes most of the problems with on demand for me, turn the plug off and on leave it a few seconds in between.

I must reboot my box at least once a week! Very often I find I can't change the channels and a quick reboot usually does the trick. Doesn't help with the On Demand feature, though.

I must reboot my box at least once a week! Very often I find I can't change the channels and a quick reboot usually does the trick. Doesn't help with the On Demand feature, though.

I had the exact same problem with my old NTL box until recently, got it replaced twice and the last engineer frankly told me that it wasn't the box it was the infostructure in my area (we couldn't even get broadband until recently)

After a few months it got a lot better and would only crash a few times and then i replaced it V+ which works flawlessly.

I've rambled (doh) but I would suggest just say you demand an engineer to come out and replace the box and work from there as that's what I did.

At least you can work out if it's a fault box or not when the engineer is there and put him on the spot.

i had a problem like this and it tool two engineers to figure out it was a problem with a green cable box in my street

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom