TV no longer outputs 1080p

Emexrulsier

Established Member
Reaction score
No technically correct...

So then I have quite an old Samsung TV, model number LE40F71. It is just approaching 28000 hours of usage from first switch on in Jan 2007. Anyways just recently any high resolution images 1080p are just garbled and corrupted. I first noticed it on the 360 but then got a ps4 to test and the same thing. I have since found that any lower resolution images all work fine. If I set the xbox to 720p this displays fine as do other sources like 480p for example. I haven't tested 1080i yet which is less bandwidth that 720p but was just wondering if anyone has come across this fault. Seeing as inside the TV there are only really two circuit boards, a power invertor from AC>DC and then the interface board where it appears the HDMI is all handled by a single processor could anyone suggest any possible causes and or fixes? A new TV is on my list to buy in my new house that I get in Feb but would like this one to last a bit longer (even though compared to todays cheap TVs this one even in 1080p looks pants :D)

Have you tried turning tv off at mains switch and leaving unplugged?
Can you reset the tv to factory default?
Is there another hdmi socket you can try?

Regards Martin

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom