1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tv Nightmare!!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by meath man, Feb 2, 2005.

1. meath man

meath man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi , i need some honest advice!
    I bought my first 100htz widescreen tv about a month ago- the sony kv-28fq86. The tv was a joke and had 2 with the same problems. I finally got a refund for the tv last week.
    The dilema is what tv to buy next? I have huge reservations about buying 100htz again. Mainly because i watch a lot of sport and the sony set i had was terrible for it. Reading these forums is a nightmare every 28 inch widescreen seems to have a number of problems with it- including the much heralded philips pw9509.
    Im considering going back to 50 htz, the 2 newest sets seem to be the sony kv-28hx15 and the panasonic pm1- the panasonic has got a lot of abuse on this forum and i dont know whether to risk another sony considering my own and others experience with their new sets. I really badly wanted 3 scarts but the 2 50htz tvs i mentioned dont have it
    Anyone got any advice?

2. meath man

meath man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Anyone got any views or advice?

3. RedRasper

RedRasper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To Quote yt

"I throughly reccomend the toshiba 32zp48"

I have just got one myself, and I'm very happy with it! (it is 100HZ, but I have mine set on Natural mode and i can't see it flicker and I am very sensitive to those sorts of things)

Chris

4. meath man

meath man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    The problem with the toshiba is that im living in the Republic of Ireland and i dont want to buy off an english website-ive had a bad experience in the past.
    Anybody any idea where to buy the toshiba picture frame 3 tvs relatively cheaply in the Republic of Ireland

5. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    If i was being honest and watched a lot of football i wouldnt have a 100htz tv.Not until they reduce the digital processing.

6. Gorecon

Gorecon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went through a similar decision recently.
    Went to buy a new TV and did not initally want to buy 'old' technology. i.e. 50hz
    However after looking at alot of 100hz screens I could not bear the smearing so decided to go for a Sony KV32DX51.
    This is a digital TV with a 50hz screen. Only has 2 SCARTS, 1 RGB. But apart from that the picture is stunning with no noticable flicker.

7. Gorecon

Gorecon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    BTW you can buy this model in 28".
    Hopefully your previous experience with Sony has not put you off of them.
    I think you'll find that no manufacturers have not been complained about here on the Forum!