• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Tv Nightmare!!

meath man

Established Member
Hi , i need some honest advice!
I bought my first 100htz widescreen tv about a month ago- the sony kv-28fq86. The tv was a joke and had 2 with the same problems. I finally got a refund for the tv last week.
The dilema is what tv to buy next? I have huge reservations about buying 100htz again. Mainly because i watch a lot of sport and the sony set i had was terrible for it. Reading these forums is a nightmare every 28 inch widescreen seems to have a number of problems with it- including the much heralded philips pw9509.
Im considering going back to 50 htz, the 2 newest sets seem to be the sony kv-28hx15 and the panasonic pm1- the panasonic has got a lot of abuse on this forum and i dont know whether to risk another sony considering my own and others experience with their new sets. I really badly wanted 3 scarts but the 2 50htz tvs i mentioned dont have it
Anyone got any advice?

RedRasper

Standard Member
To Quote yt

"I throughly reccomend the toshiba 32zp48"

I have just got one myself, and I'm very happy with it! (it is 100HZ, but I have mine set on Natural mode and i can't see it flicker and I am very sensitive to those sorts of things)

Chris

meath man

Established Member
The problem with the toshiba is that im living in the Republic of Ireland and i dont want to buy off an english website-ive had a bad experience in the past.
Anybody any idea where to buy the toshiba picture frame 3 tvs relatively cheaply in the Republic of Ireland

spocktra

Established Member
If i was being honest and watched a lot of football i wouldnt have a 100htz tv.Not until they reduce the digital processing.

G

Gorecon

I went through a similar decision recently.
Went to buy a new TV and did not initally want to buy 'old' technology. i.e. 50hz
However after looking at alot of 100hz screens I could not bear the smearing so decided to go for a Sony KV32DX51.
This is a digital TV with a 50hz screen. Only has 2 SCARTS, 1 RGB. But apart from that the picture is stunning with no noticable flicker.

G

Gorecon

BTW you can buy this model in 28".
Hopefully your previous experience with Sony has not put you off of them.
I think you'll find that no manufacturers have not been complained about here on the Forum!

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom