TV, Music Streaming NUC, & AMP Help

trash116

Hi
Hopefully I have posted in correct forum area, and apologies if these are obvious questions.

I've got an existing intel NUC (in the lounge), and I also have a Rega Brio-R amp (currently in my hifi setup in my man-cave - but soon will not be needed there).

I wanted to get a music streaming set-up in the lounge, I was going to move the Rega Brio-R amp to the lounge, use my existing nuc & hd of music, Buy an audioquest dragon fly DAC to connect the nuc to the Rega Brio-R and then connect that to my speakers.

If I wanted to connect my TV (Sony KD-55XF9005) to the Rega Brio-R with how would i do that? The TV has headphone audio out, Audio System with Optical Audio Input & HDMI.

I'm abit confused on how to connect the TV to the amp (my partner wants to watch films using the speakers & amp),

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is an obvious noob question.....

jamieu

Hi
Hopefully I have posted in correct forum area, and apologies if these are obvious questions.

I've got an existing intel NUC (in the lounge), and I also have a Rega Brio-R amp (currently in my hifi setup in my man-cave - but soon will not be needed there).

I wanted to get a music streaming set-up in the lounge, I was going to move the Rega Brio-R amp to the lounge, use my existing nuc & hd of music, Buy an audioquest dragon fly DAC to connect the nuc to the Rega Brio-R and then connect that to my speakers.

If I wanted to connect my TV (Sony KD-55XF9005) to the Rega Brio-R with how would i do that? The TV has headphone audio out, Audio System with Optical Audio Input & HDMI.

I'm abit confused on how to connect the TV to the amp (my partner wants to watch films using the speakers & amp),

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is an obvious noob question.....

How about a USB DAC (for the NUC) with a optical S/PDIF input (for the TV), something like the Topping E30?

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom