TV moved from floor to wall, now some channels missing

funkster

Standard Member
Hiya,

I put a friends TV up onto a bracket this week, as before it was just sitting on the floor.

Before I moved it up we were happily watching C5, onto the bracket, no C5 and a few others. Thecables are long enough to reach.

After I left, she retuned the TV to no effect. She then put the TV back on the floor and the channels returned.

Any ideas?

mike7

Distinguished Member
internal aerial

Out of interest which TVs have an internal aerial ? Never heard of it.

Gavtech

Administrator
Are any HDMI cables connected to the set?

If so, they will probably be the culprit

Radiation from them can knock out parts of the UHF band.

everett_psycho

Distinguished Member
sounds weird but move the wire around a bit. In my old flat i had an aeriel on the window which worked most of the time but if i caught the rf cable from it when making the bed or something i'd loose channels and have to play with the wire coiled up behind my bed and shelves to get it back, never moved the aeriel or sockets though. You shouldnt have this issues with a socket though.

Another cause might be that where you have moved it off the floor the extra weight from the lead not being on the floor might be pulling on the socket/connection so give that a jiggle about too to make sure it's alright

Tight Git

Distinguished Member
internal aerial

Out of interest which TVs have an internal aerial ? Never heard of it.
Since the OP failed to give a model number, and since it was going to be on a wall bracket, I thought it might be a portable with telescopic aerial.

Gavtech

Administrator
Nope, just the TV and the RF cable
Any fluorescent or low energy bulbs nearby? ... or any other possible sources of RF interference?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom