TV Mounting Question

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by rgar7, Feb 15, 2014.

1. rgar7

rgar7
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I'm super new to home cinemas and this is probably a really stupid question, but I just bought a full motion wall mount for my 42" tv. I ran the HDMI cord through the wall down to an HDMI splitter below which links in all my devices. My issue is with the full motion aspect of the mount:

When I pull the TV out from the wall or turn it side to side the HDMI cord extends out with it, however when I return the TV to its flat position the extra HDMI cable hangs down and doesn't feed back into the wall. I would imagine this is a common issue and was wondering how everyone here deals with it?

2. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,304
    why not just cable tie or clip the cable to the mount when its fully extended. It will fold in and out with the arm ?
    Other than that you will need to counter balance the cable in the wall and hope that it won't pull the cable out of the back of the TV

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,523
    If replacing the installed HDMI cable will involve disruptive/costly cosmetic work be very carefully with how you affix the cable and be aware that HDMI cables can be relatively fragile assemblies (it doesn't take much effort to detach an HDMI connector from the cable).

If you do try fixing the cable to your wall mount look for Velcro cable ties and or ensure you don't over tighten traditional plastic ties.

Joe