TV mount query

DanielUK

Hi all. I hope you had a great Christmas!

I have this TV wall mount on my living room wall already: Ultra Flat TV Wall Bracket for up to 60" TVs

This states it’s up to 60”. I currently have a Phillips Ambilight TV that’s 55” but needs replacing.

Whilst I totally acknowledge the bracket states up to 60 I wanted to get your views (who better to ask?!) of what you’d be comfortable going up to. I’d love a 70” but should I stick to 60”? I guess what I’m asking for - is going to 70 actually going to cause an issue?

The walls are pretty awful and it was fitted professionally so I don’t really want to replace the bracket.

Thanks in advance!

mikej

Whether a bracket covers the VESA spacing and supports the weight of the new TV is more important than if it falls in-between the recommended screen size range, as that's just a guide.

Only up to a point though - you wouldn't want to push it too far.

mikej

What weight and VESA spacing does the bracket support ? Your link just says the product is unavailable and doesn't provide any product info.

DanielUK

thanks. Yeah that’s the problem, and I just want to try everything not to remove the bracket as it was so much faff, ha!

So the existing TV is a Philips 55PUS6401 - just looked and the VESA is 400x200.

The LG linked above - new one - is 400x400. Whilst I can’t find specific info about the bracket the almost identical one they sell is 400x400 so may be worth be chancing.

Thanks again!

pastrybloke19

thanks. Yeah that’s the problem, and I just want to try everything not to remove the bracket as it was so much faff, ha!

So the existing TV is a Philips 55PUS6401 - just looked and the VESA is 400x200.

The LG linked above - new one - is 400x400. Whilst I can’t find specific info about the bracket the almost identical one they sell is 400x400 so may be worth be chancing.

Thanks again!

If you do buy a new bracket, then I would look to get a better/more versatile bracket that can handle a wide range of VESA mountings and also weight; that way as/when you get a bigger TV, maybe a 77”/83” in the future, you won’t have to change anything. Very hard to future proof TV but bit easier with brackets.

Cheers

mikej

So the current bracket will take a horizontal spacing of 400mm which is a start.

The next things to check are whether the vertical struts have holes which are 400mm apart and how the weight of the TV you want to get compares with the old one.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
A larger size will increase leverage. If this is a moving bracket or likely to be knocked or caught by a gust of wind then a larger TV will put more force on the bracket regardless of weight.

If this is mounted high up in a windowless room and is only holding it against gravity then size has no bearing.

If it's somewhere in between like most setups then you can likely push the recommended size it a bit.

DanielUK

That’s brill. Thank you. Yes it’s a normal lounge so no gusts of wind or chance of being knocked.

Existing TV weighs 16kg, new one states 28.5kg so a bit of a difference.

Think it’s worth chancing and hoping 🤣

pastrybloke19

That’s brill. Thank you. Yes it’s a normal lounge so no gusts of wind or chance of being knocked.

Existing TV weighs 16kg, new one states 28.5kg so a bit of a difference.

Think it’s worth chancing and hoping 🤣
I would make sure you have good accidental home insurance before hand…..:smashin:

DanielUK

Haha! Weight wise it looks fine - all the mounts state anywhere from 45kg to 60kg. Maybe wishful thinking.

If it was any of you (personal view) would you chance it? Or am I being stupid?

Your advice is really appreciated!

pastrybloke19

Haha! Weight wise it looks fine - all the mounts state anywhere from 45kg to 60kg. Maybe wishful thinking.

Main bit I would be worried about is the fixings into the wall: if you are confident that can hold the weight, then it really comes down to the mount. Seems you are confident it will manage the weight, so could be done.

Personally, I wouldn’t chance it: but then I do tend to over engineer most DIY things I do!

DanielUK

Thank you! Yeah it’s absolutely solid - it was just a pain to fit and that’s why I think removing it unless I can use the exact same holes will be problematic!

Thanks again for your help!

eatapeach

I had the same problem - see thread on here. If the mount is secure on the wall then the only problem is finding the correct bits of metal to attach to the TV.

Will the LG 400x400 mount fit that bracket ? - or find a TV with 400x200 vesa like the existing one

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom