Tv monitor solution for childs bedroom

Swordsy

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi

My son currently has a ps4, with a Samsung 32 HD TV wall mounted. He is getting a ps5 for Xmas, and the TV needs updating. Any suggestions for a 32 inch 4k TV or monitor that can be mounted on the existing bracket. I don't want to go bigger as his room is small.

Thanks

What's his viewing distance ? You'd have to be sat a few feet away to be able to tell the difference between 1080p and 4K on a 32" screen, I suspect.

For that reason, there are virtually no 32" 4K TVs - I think Samsung make one but it's not widely available in this country and it's very expensive.

You'll probably have more luck trying to get a 4K monitor at that size, but monitors don't always make the best TVs (no Freeview and presumably no remote, speakers etc) and they may not be cheap.

If it's purely for gaming, then you might actually be better off with a gaming monitor although you'll probably need external speakers. If you need the speakers a TV provides then stepping up to 43" will definitely start to give you 4K options, though. Note that you may struggle to get a 100/120Hz screen on the cheaper TV models at least, although the same may be true of monitors.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom