Tv media wall - sound panels behind tv ?

jono400

Novice Member
Just finished having my tv media wall built and must admitt over the moon how it turned out ! was a long time in the planning / gathering tradesmen !
one thing I am not sure about is since the tv ( LG oled 65” ) is set in the wall I am guessing most of the sound will be going into the empty space behind the build as opposed to firing out into the Livingroom where it should ? ( tv sits in a few inch wide recess as can be seen in picture with open space after this ie framing and outside house wall brick / plasterboard ) Don’t really want to go down the surround sound / sound bar route especially since the tv has built in Dolby atmos ? Sound is good as it is but just wonder if anything to be gained by lining this internal brick wall of the build with sound acoustic foam panels ? Would this prevent the sound escaping and help with getting the sound where it should be going ?

thanks guys. John

Attachments

• DE404A3E-0E3D-4221-AF65-3C03F94D230B.jpeg
    DE404A3E-0E3D-4221-AF65-3C03F94D230B.jpeg
    189.4 KB · Views: 75

Harkon321

Really don’t think it would make any difference. Something thicker and denser like rock wool might absorb the sound bouncing around. Where are the speakers on the TV. I see it’s marketed as Dolby Atmos? Does it fire sound out of the top of the TV or something similar?

jono400

Novice Member
Okay thanks so much for your reply, yep had another look at where it appears the speaker vents are and it appears they are along the sides.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom