Question TV max 32" suitable for use as a gaming monitor

toffeeboy

Hi

As per the question my son has just got his first basic gaming PC - he's 11 and I don't want anyhtogn too fancy just something that can used for his PC (Fornite, Minecraft), XBox and watching TV.

Maximum size would be 32" anybody suggest a decent all rounder, doesn't have to be perfect at everything just something that won't ghost or judder when in gaming mode.

Many thanks for any guidance I'm totally baffled by this and sign round in circles

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
TVs tend to be fairly low resolution and only suitable for PC use if they're mounted further away then you'd place a typical monitor

I wouldn't expect any display to judder significantly and they all have some level of ghosting. Minimising image blur tends to require the best graded panels and BFI which does amount to a pretty fancy display.

If you wanted a big screen I'd go for one of the cheaper 32" 2560x1440 models with freesync which can be picked up for under £250.

Or if you wanted cheap, there are lots of good 23-24" 1920x1080 screens with freesync for £150 or less. At desk viewing distances that's not a small screen.

next010

Distinguished Member
TV's at 32" tend to be not that great, poor image quality or even still near 720p resolution.

If I had to go with that then maybe gamble on this LG 32" LM6300. It's an 1080p IPS panel not VA, LG tend to have decent enough response times and lower input lag on their mid range TV's but these lower ends ones I cannot say for sure.

For PC gaming usage use the game mode preset and set the black level to high in webos picture settings, alternatively go into GPU driver control panel and change the RGB mode to Limited & leave TV on Low. If you dont do this things will off, too dark or washed out.

toffeeboy

TVs tend to be fairly low resolution and only suitable for PC use if they're mounted further away then you'd place a typical monitor

I wouldn't expect any display to judder significantly and they all have some level of ghosting. Minimising image blur tends to require the best graded panels and BFI which does amount to a pretty fancy display.

If you wanted a big screen I'd go for one of the cheaper 32" 2560x1440 models with freesync which can be picked up for under £250.

Or if you wanted cheap, there are lots of good 23-24" 1920x1080 screens with freesync for £150 or less. At desk viewing distances that's not a small screen.
Hi

Thanks for info it's very useful, if I went for a 23-24 do you have nay specific models you'd recommend that would do the job?

toffeeboy

TV's at 32" tend to be not that great, poor image quality or even still near 720p resolution.

If I had to go with that then maybe gamble on this LG 32" LM6300. It's an 1080p IPS panel not VA, LG tend to have decent enough response times and lower input lag on their mid range TV's but these lower ends ones I cannot say for sure.

For PC gaming usage use the game mode preset and set the black level to high in webos picture settings, alternatively go into GPU driver control panel and change the RGB mode to Limited & leave TV on Low. If you dont do this things will off, too dark or washed out.
Thanks, I'll have a look at the LG and thanks for the tips on setup too

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020
Top Bottom