TV-Link with Sky+

welshpet

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've just had Sky+ installed and everything was working fine until yesterday. My TV-Link stopped working for my tv in the kitchen. I've done all the suggested forms of checking this, all to no avail. I would like to know if there is a way of checking the RF2 outlet as I've plugged in 2 different TV-Links and the red light doesn't work on either?
Is there a way Sky can check this out remotely for me, as I've tried their 'Services' route and can't get anywhere?
Any advice would be gratefully received. Thank you.

Make sure RF2 power is switched ON

See here under 'Installer setup - Not listed on the Sky Guide Menu'

Services Menu on Sky

Does the LED on the Eye light:
a) In the kitchen?
b) If plugged directly into RF2 on the back of the Sky box?

Is RF power turned on?: Press Services/4/0/1/Select (Don't look at the screen while doing this, just press the buttons as directed)

Thank you both for your replies. I can't seem to get to the right screen when pressing 'Services/4/0/1' to check if the RF2 is on. I can't seem to find an Installer setup menu that you can find on the older Sky box.:mad:

Just follow the instructions - it IS there.
As advised:
'Press Services/4/0/1/Select (Don't look at the screen while doing this, just press the buttons as directed)

Just press the buttons quickly

Hi Fernandez, I've been trying that combination for ages, but I just get to the System Setup menu all the time, my thumbs are getting sore:confused:.

It must be my age then (60 last birthday), as each time I press this key combination, I enter the Picture settings menu. Is there no other way to access this menu? I'm getting really cross with myself for not being able to do this 'simple' thing. I've always been pretty good at connecting and getting new technology to work, but this has me stumped! :confused:

It must be my age then (60 last birthday), as each time I press this key combination, I enter the Picture settings menu. Is there no other way to access this menu? I'm getting really cross with myself for not being able to do this 'simple' thing. I've always been pretty good at connecting and getting new technology to work, but this has me stumped! :confused:

Well, I can give you a few years:(

Try this:
Press SERVICES and wait a second or two
then press *quickly* 4 - 0 - 1 - SELECT (don't look at the screen)
and the Installers Menu will appear

Thanks to you all who tried to help me sort out my problem. I've given up the fight. I think I'll be better off buying a wireless sender. Kindest regards to you all for your advice, sorry I wasn't able to act on it properly I do appreciate the time you have taken replying to this
enquiry.
You all deserve a :beer:. I'm feeling :(.

:arty:

I have just tried again on my box and can get in quite easily if you first enter System Setup and proceed quietly from there.

Press Services then 4 to get to System Setup

Then Press 0 followed by 1 followed by Select.

The hidden menu should then appear.

Don't know if you managed to get into the installer setup eventually or not but I found this thread as I too was having problems.

Finally found a small difference from usual instructions worked fine, no idea why though??! ;)

SERVICES, select 'settings' at top, press down to highlight 'picture', 4, 0, 1, SELECT

Hope that helps? :)

I've had several people complain that "I can't press zero because it's not on the screen!"
It really tries my patience to explain that, actually, they have to press the numbers on the remote control handset, not the numbers on the screen. Do these people poke the screen to change channel? :rolleyes:

"I can't eat my dinner because there's no knife and fork on the screen!"

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom