tv link via distribution amplifier

sparkybun

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to run the Tv Link via a distribution amplifier OR does the cable have to be point to point from the digibox straight to the Television?

Thanks in advance

Mel

KarlRobinson

Standard Member
I run my tv link to the loft and then re-distribute via a 9way booster, works a treat. I found with a long run from the digibox to the loft I also had a booster directly behind the digibox to get a stronger signal into the loft before re-distribution.

i think it only works with certain distribution amps. i use a global communications amp, if u have bother finding one mail me and i'll sort one for u

sparkybun

Hi missin,

Where in Mid Wales are you? How much would one of these dist amps be if I need one?

Thanks

Mel

KarlRobinson

Standard Member
Output from Sky is RF, and as all boosters/amps/dist I've seen do the usual 21-69 channels, any should do the trick.

I got mine from Maplins.

sparkybun

aberystwyth area. how many ways 2, 4 or 8?? 2 +4 way amps don't need a power supply(powered by sat outlet) 8way does
reply and i'll mail you a price on thursday night

ok

KarlRobinson

the sec output is rf yes but if you are using a tv eye link to control the box it only works on certain amps.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom