TV Link through booster - not working ?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by heliraptor, Feb 21, 2005.

1. heliraptor

heliraptor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Today managed to hard wire a few rooms in with Satellite cable only to find out the TV link isn't working now.

Previously I had one set on the second output with no booster.

I think the problem is my booster not allowing power through the booster loop.
    (Only a cheap one)

Can anyone correct me if I'm wrong, and recommend a decent booster pref 4 / 6 way that will allow the TV link to work.

Do you know if you can have a TV link in each room ????

Cheers

Lee

2. Wackojacko32

Wackojacko32
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You can just get a bypass cable for the booster from Maplins for about £7.99 (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx...s and Splitters&FromMenu=y&doy=21m2&worldid=6) and my local B&Q do the same thing. If you want to buy a new booster with built-in bypass look at the Slx ones on the same link.

As for having them in more than one room I believe that it is possible, if connected correctly, to have up to four of them. Whether the SLx booster does this I dont know.

Wackojacko32

3. derbyjj

derbyjj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    yes try b&q or maplin for slx booster with digieye passthru, or you can get tvlink boosters as well. You can have eyes in every room but only with an ir passthru booster