TV Link - Sky Remotes stop working

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by mark88, Jan 19, 2008.

1. mark88

mark88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    We have a distribution box in the loft and then TV Link eyes and Sky remotes in each room.

Last couple of days the remotes don't work, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. It seems to happen often when there's 2 remotes in use. ie, if someone uses a remote in room A while someone is in room B then all remotes will stop working.

All the power LED's are lit on the TV link eyes and are always on. It's not the remote batteries as the remotes control the TVs fine. All connections to the sky unit seem ok. I haven't been in the loft to check the loft box as it's awkward to say the least but not sure I need to if the amp was the problem, surely the LEDs and/or picture would be suspect?

Had an electrician round the other day to finish off some work, he had to disconnect the socket that power the amp in the loft to do some testing so I thought that may be it. But power is still being sent to the TV links, and the connections in the power socket itself look perfectly fine.

Rather frustrated as I just can't figure out what the problem is! :thumbsdow