Tv Link/sky Problem

hambo

Established Member
Reaction score
:lease: I am having problems with a TV lINK (A.K.A. "MAGIC EYE"). I have set up as instructed (i.e. co-ax cable from RF out 2 on Sky running to my 2nd TV) and have turned the RF output on from the installers menu on the Sky box (a Grundig).

The red light is lit on the TV link gizmo that plugs into the ariel on my 2nd tv and I have full functionality from a One For All remote for a short while immediately after configuring but then, after a while, nothing happens when I try to control the Sky channels on the 2nd tv. The "eye" that sits on top of the 2nd tv appears to be recognising the remote signals (as the red light blinks whenever I press a button) but I can't control the sky channels (e.g. change channel/get menu etc).

Anyone have any ideas. Icannot fathom what is wrong, particcularly as all seems to work immediately after set-up.

Any ideas? It's driving me round the bend!

I think the previous poster was joking. At least I hope he was. The tvLINK should never be plugged directly into the TV aerial socket because if it gets accidentally moved or "wiggled" it can damage the tvLINK internally. Worse, it can damage the TV tuner, which could lead to an expensive repair. So always connect it via a short coaxial cable (preferably double-screened).

There's some useful advice here:
http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/tvlink.htm

Should have used a smiley, :blush: .

I find it impractical to plug straight into aerial socket due to the weight of the unit.

Much better to use Fernsehman's advice and connect via co-axial cable.

(snapping the male connecters on 2 tvLinks drew me to that conclusion)

I just fitted one last night m8........but had no problems like that...........could it be a faulty one?

Have you tried using the original sky remote one the second tv?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom