TV link options

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by wolfwiser, Sep 2, 2007.

1. wolfwiser

wolfwiser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi all,

I have just moved house and want to be able to watch my sky+ in the bedroom, for which I am going to buy a new LCD/Plasma (was intending on getting integrated freeview) in order to do this I wonder if you can confirm the following:

To route the signal via a TV link I would have to buy a TV that accepts analogue signal as well as the built in digital?

The sound via TV link would be mono?

The only other option is a wireless sender/receiver (other than multi-room, where I wouldn't be able to watch already saved programs)?

I cannot change channel etc if I just extended the video scart output (which is of poorer PQ anyway?)?

Any other options?

Thanks, and sorry for the noob questions.... I did say confirm!

:thumbsup:

2. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,335
    Three other options
    1 a long lead from VCR socket (together with coax for magic eye for remote control only) - quality is only composite video - similar to using a wireless sender

2 A lead from the s-video output socket plus a double lead from the audio output sockets (together with coax for magic eye for remote control) - picture quality will be slightly lower than RGB but higher than composite video

3 An RGB splitter with scart lead to TV and long scart lead to bedroom (together with coax for remote control) - best quality but most expensive.

3. wolfwiser

wolfwiser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    thanks davemurgatroyd2, just what I needed to know, now where is that drill......!

As I have to use the coax in all instances I'll start there.

Cheers!