Tv Link Has Stopped Working??!!

G

gavz00mer

please someone help me as this problem is driving me slightly mad.

The TV links have worked for the past 6 months and now have stopped working. My tv links all have power to them at approx 8.7 volts, the red light is on all of them, the RF outlet setting on the digi box is on, I have tried switching off and on the digi box but makes no difference. The TV links work when connected to the back of the RF 2 outlet. The cable quality is not the problem as its the good quality. The system works through a SLX 8 loft box splitter which is powered and appears to work as there is no problems with the picture quality. Sky have tried to help but to no avail! What else can I try, could the problem be with the splitter and if so how would I test the signal going back to the digi box? This is just a standard sky digi box, I even changed it out for a spare but this made no difference. We have not had a power cut, the supply power has surge protection and one day it just stopped working!

Any sugestions gratefully accepted. Just like to thank all the guys that have posted in the past regarding this topic as there is lots of good info out there. I managed to fix my mates tv link problem the other day if only I could sort mine out!!!:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

The SLx boxes aren't the most reliable. Is it under guarantee?

SamRadford said:
The SLx boxes aren't the most reliable. Is it under guarantee?

I still have the guarantee, what splitter would you recommend instead?

Well I don't have one but the Global products seem to have a good name.

Have you tried "rebooting" the SLx unit? I don't think there's a CPU inside but you never know.

I have down powered the SLX unit and have also tried swapping over the outputs from 1 and 2 to 3 and 4 but this made no difference.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom